“If You Didn’t Know How Old You Were?”
* Actor George Burns won his first Oscar at age 80.
* Golda Meir was 71 years of age when she became prime minister of Israel.
* At age 96, playwright George Bernard Shaw broke his leg when he fell out of a tree he was trimming in his backyard.
* Painter Grandma Moses didn’t start painting until she was 80 years old. She completed more than 1,500 paintings after that, 25% of those when she was past the age of 100.
* Michelangelo was 66 years old when he finished painting the Last Judgment fresco in the Sistine Chapel.
* Physician and humanitarian Albert Schweitzer was still performing operations in his African hospital at the age of 89.
* Doc Counsilman, at 58, became the oldest person ever to swim the English Channel.
* S.I. Hayakawa retired as president of San Francisco State University at age 70, then earned a seat in the U.S. Senate.
* Casey Stengel didn’t retire from managing the New York Mets until he was 75 years old.
Finally, here’s another great quote, this one from Mark Twain:
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
Subscribe to my blog via Email:
Joe Petrowsky, NMLS #6869
Right Trac Financial Group, Inc. NMLS #2709
110 Main St.
Manchester, Ct. 06042
Office: 860 647-7701 x116
Fax: 860 647-8940
Cell: 860 836-9294
Joe Petrowsky does not guarantee nor is in any way responsible for the accuracy of the information provided herein, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Equal Housing Statement: We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing becuase of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.